Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spring/Summer Flower Wreath DIY

I saw something similar to this somewhere on the internet while browsing around one day a while ago but finally decided to try my hand at creating my own Flower Wreath. I came across some surprisingly cute flowers at the Dollar Store the other day so this DIY turned out to be completely budget friendly as well! (which is a huge bonus) I was kind of unsure as to how it was going to turn out but once I got started I loved it!

What you will need:

Flowers (fake)
Wreath (I chose to use a wreath made out of wrapped twigs purchased from Micheals craft store. I chose this wreath because if it shows around the sides it looks great!)
Hot glue gun
Glue Sticks
Scissors
Some creativity

The size of wreath you choose to use depends on the size you want your wreath to be, keep in mind it will become a little larger once the flowers have been added.


Glueing the flowers in place will ensure that your wreath stays intact while hanging on your door, you don't want to come out after a windy day and have half your work blown away.


I chose to use two different types of flowers in three colours green, yellow and white. The flowers come attached so use scissors or wire cutters as I had to use because these particular flowers had wire in the stem. Keep a stem on each flower so that you can finagle and embed it into the wreath to also keep it in place.


Once you have all of your flowers cut start glueing them to your wreath.


I scattered the different colours and flowers in a random pattern on the wreath which looks much better than a uniform pattern.


Keep sticking and glueing as you make your way around your wreath base.


........and there you have it! Your finished custom floral wreath.


Here is myn finished and hanging on my front door. I love the bright colours which will be perfect for summer!


Enjoy! Happy DIYing!
” data-num-posts=”10″ data-width=”550″>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...