Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Code Blue...Denim do it yourself

So here is a little throw back to an 80s fashion trend for you. I recently acquired an old denim shirt that belonged to my step mom, that needed a little refab. I decided what better way to throw back to the 80s than bleach? And that is exactly what I did. I chose to use mostly diluted bleach and water and just a little straight bleach.

This look has slowly started to resurface so it totally pays off to keep a few staples that may fade out of fashion. Like the fashion designer Yves St. Laurent said "Fashions fade, style is eternal". So keep those pieces that seem to have fizzled out. It may take time, but as this 80s bleached denim goes to show you it will repeat itself! And don't be scared to revamp your closet with a little 'do it yourself' sprucing.

Enjoy!


This shirt was quite boxy and a little large for me. I ended up taking it in just a little bit while still being able to keep that 'oversized look'. I also chose to add a belt to give a little more definition.



I could not help adding in some pictures of the shoes I chose to complete this look. The colour plays off the belt nicely. And what can I say.....I love me a pretty pair of shoes!


The wedge heel to these leather loafers takes them from comfort to fabulous!


What I'm wearing....

  • Shirt - Hand me down do it yourself project fabulous
  • Owl Necklace - Forever21
  • Filigree ring - Forever21
  • Brown Leather belt - One of those 'Honestly don't remember'
  • Leather wedge loafers - Aldo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

” data-num-posts=”10″ data-width=”550″>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...